Home Entertainment Hollywood News Percy Jackson 3 Release Date, News, Updates: Are We Having a Film or a TV Series?

Percy Jackson 3: Millions of Logan Lerman fans go into a frenzy everytime they hear ‘Percy Jackson’. The first film came out in 2010 and the second one in 2013. Both the installments did the victory march at the box office throughout due to its breathtaking plot lines. And since then fans are hoping for Percy Jackson 3. In March 2014 Logan Lerman had stated that the third instalment was still possible. “If we want to make a third one I have to do it, I’m contractually obligated to three movies. I love those movies, they’re e a lot of fun to make,” he said. Though nothing has been made official yet, there are some rumours regarding the third film that more or less seems valid. We’ve made a list of those rumours here, trying to figure out what exactly is happening.

Percy Jackson 3

Logan Lerman Said Percy Jackson 3 Not Happening?

Well, that’s what some people are saying. During the release of Noah, Lerman gave an interview where he said that the third film wasn’t happening. But Lerman later clarified that he only said, he didn’t know whether it’ll happen or not. “I said I don’t know, I’ve never heard anything and it’s been a while since the second one was released, so I just haven’t heard anything about a third film. Unless they call me I think it’s unlikely.” He also said he’ll be glad to go back to playing the teenage hero Percy Jackson even if he was 30, adding: “If I was 30, sure I’d play Percy again”.

A Percy Jackson TV Show?

In August 2016, Ecumenical Times published an article saying that CW was planning to adapt Percy Jackson into a TV series. In a 10-year contract deal, the network has set aside a budget of $12 million for its first season. Although this sounds pretty exciting, there’s a catch. The titular character will be played by someone else and not Logan Lerman because they want a younger actor to play the character. Though nothing officially confirmed, it’s pretty clear that if the show is really happening then it’ll begin right from the start, from book one.

See: America will soon be overrun by senior citizens

In addition, there are reports that Rick Riordan, author of the books have shown a desire to pen down the script and wants the shows to remain as faithful to the books as possible. Looks like we are not getting a Percy Jackson 3 release date after all!

We really have no idea why Percy Jackson 3 isn’t happening because series is hugely popular with massive fan following. The first film movie, Percy Jackson and the Olympians made some $226,497,209 worldwide, while its sequel, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters raked in $199,850,315. After playing Percy, Logan Lerman got many significant roles in popular movies like The Three Musketeers, The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Fury. “It’s been a great experience for me…it’s opened up a lot of doors for me, but I don’t think it’s happening,” he had said.

Without any official word from The CW at this point in time, though, everything is nothing more than a speculation.

Apart from Percy, speaking on the different kinds of roles that Lerman has played over the years in his career, the actor said: A lot of it is just what’s available at the time and what feels like the right next step for me in my career. When asked if he has a master plan for his career, Lerman said: Fortunately, I’m in a position where I can choose what I want to do. Most actors aren’t in that position. So I have a power that others don’t at my age, and a responsibility to respect that power, and to choose roles that I think will define me. As for now, Logan Lerman has been cast in the titular role in Shawn Christensen’s feature-length drama, Sidney Hall. He is also an executive producer for the film.

Load More Related Articles
Load More By Fabnewz Team
Load More In Hollywood News

25 Comments

1. Jade Tindoy

September 4, 2016 at 11:35 am

I wish they make it to TV series but the same actor on the films

2. Alex Smith

October 27, 2016 at 12:16 am

NOPE THEY BETTER MAKE A THIRD ONE A TV SHOW WITH ALL ORIGINAL CAST MEMBERS OR THEY WILL LOOSE A LOT OF FANS!!!! I REALLY HOPE THAT THEY UNDERSTAND THAT!!!!!

3. Joanie Patrum

October 27, 2016 at 12:27 am

I think that they need to make a movie for every book that they have published. On the note that they might make a show but not with the same actors and actresses that are in the first and second movie, that is just going to make them lose a lot of fans because we have all fell in love with the actors and actresses that play the parts in the movies and all that is going to do is ruin our great image of you and your movies and then fans could possibly start a gigantic riot and we could all figure out a way to sue you for ruining the great image we have of you. It is quite possible that those movies could have saved somebody’s life because o their love for the Percy Jackson movies. It could give them something to look forward to after a terrible day at school where they could have possibly been bullied all day but then after school they could go home and look forward to an evening or night just falling in love more and more just watching Percy Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Chasity

November 11, 2016 at 3:44 am

I HOPE THEY WILL MAKE THE THIRD ONE. I CAN’T WAIT TILL THEN.

5. Lily

November 18, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Are you guys kidding me? Most people hated those movies and would gladly see other actors .more closer to the acutual age of the characters play them.

I’m not denying that the movies were sucessfull but they were also a flop in the sense that most who saw them didn’t really like them because how different they were from the books, and I think the filmmakers knows that, especially after the ending of the last movie, which is why there haven’t been a third one. I know that movies shouldn’t be exactly the same as the books but it’s important that they stay as true as possible, look at Harry Potter and Game of thrones as an example they are super sucsessfull even though (fpr the most part, earlier seasons of got) they followed the books closely.

Another thing thay we all love the actors and actresses in the movies are so not true, I think most people agree that Logan Lerman was perfect for Percy the others not so much. Most people would probably be really happy to see someone else as Annabeth, I mean no offence to the actress but this role never suited her. Also it would be really nice with a show that did Annabeth’s character justice, because the Annabeth we saw in the second movie is NOT Annabeth, she hade none of her traits and acted so ooc it was just stupid.

I and many others would much rather prefer a show with new younger actors that can start from the beginning.

• Abi

November 22, 2016 at 12:01 am

I think we should have a tv show with young actors so they can do all the books. I am Alexandra Daddario is 30 years old and is playing a 16 year old girl. We new fresh characters.

• Uberto Monaldo

November 26, 2016 at 3:58 am

I agree with everything, especially with the actors issue. Logan lerman and the rest of the cast are way too old to play the characters. They are like 30. How can they play characters that at the start of the series are 13 years old and in the end they are 16? And the way they tried to deage them in the second movie was, frankly, embarassing. Logan looked like he had a truck run on his face in the second movie because of all the makeup with whome they tried to hide that he’s much older than that.

6. Uberto Monaldo

November 26, 2016 at 3:55 am

Are you kidding? The movies were panned by audience and especially by the Percy Jackson fandom because they totally screwed up the story, the characters.. EVERYTHING! The cast is completely inappropriate: the characters are children at the beginning of the saga and end up being teenagers at the end. Logan and the other actors are already adults. They are WAY too old to play the characters. Plus most of them don’t look at nothing like them (especially Grover: Grover is not black). A Percy Jackson webseries, much more faithful to the books, has been made and has received more acclaim than both the movies.

The reason they cancelled the sequel was exactly because no one liked the movies (you are the first ones we hear about). If they want to make a remake, they better stay close to the books, allowing Rick Riordan to pen the script would be an excellent thing to start with and so it’s hiring actors who are actually children and 13 years old (that’s the age of Percy at the beginning of the series).

The Percy Jackson fandom is HUGE. And they lost it with the movies. A tv show could be good if he follows the books faithfully but I’m concerned with the budget. While CW has done wonders for The Flash, 12 millions dollars for a season are not enough to portray the Percy Jackson world. It is the world of Greek Mythology, it is full of monsters, gods, titans… this require a lot of special effects and a lot of money. So I am really afraid that they will end up cut a lot of stuff because of budget issue.

7. Riley

November 29, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Hollywoods got lots of money to burn, why can’t they make both to please us all….That way the many many fans of the movies can have an ending to their story in Movie 3 with original cast, which I loved!! They are all I know so they are a perfect fit for me…There is alot of other websites where fans of the movies are upset they cancelled Movie 3 too… (not everyone has or wants to read the books!! We LOVED the movies and saw them first!)…..Then, for those who read the books they can have the, hopefully, more accurate TV show by CW with the kid actors. But will they pick the actors you imagined to fill the part? I get that it’s different when you read the book 1st. I’ve done that, its hard not to compare, or the actor doesn’t fit what we had imagined as the character. But, don’t forget those of us who only know the movies can love them just as much, why can’t we have an end to the story they started…. We all have our own preferences.
    ……….And, of course the author wants to do TV, it makes him more money and keeps him around longer.
    ……….I am very disappointed in the movie makers constantly making these 3 or more part movies trailing us along for an ending that may or may not ever come. They should have to guarantee an end to make movies in parts!….. If you start a story, FINISH IT!! I’m getting to where I don’t want to invest in a show til its a completed movie or series/seasons on DVD. There is so many crap movies and lousy TV, scheduling any good shows there are against each other for competition… Yet there is some that have ended and they keep bringing back extensions. Some we want to go on forever and some we wish would just go away…LOL…. I found Percy Jacksons 1&2 very entertaining and 1 of my favorites. I’d love to see a 3rd part ending to the story and don’t see why they can’t do both. Don’t start a story you can’t or won’t finish, put it all in 1 or 2 movies…don’t drag it out & dont just STOP!!!!
    ……….P.S. I read CW wants a 10 yr contract for TV Percy Jackson version..more expensive than a final movie…commercials must pay more than movie tickets…..So if they start at 14, they’ll be 24 when the TV show ends.. Hows that work….. How can they guarantee it will even survive 1st season let alone 10..will the story ever end, be drug out forever…10yrs!?!….and how old will you be in 10 yrs….. still watching?

• Anna Sea

January 17, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Have you ever read the awesomeness called the percy jackson books?! No I’m betting you havent. The movies are dumb and completely (I mean 99%) different from the books. They even screw up the mythology in the movies!! Ex. The sirens are supposed to be monsters that lure people to their death by singing but in the movies they are the fuckin staff in a cafe. Also book Annabeth is one of my top 3 favorite character due to her extreme intelligence and wiseness and the fact she has flaws. In the books she can be badass but also very vulnerable at times. She has a tragic past with somebody. But in the movies? Is she a fuckin child of aprhodite (no offense to piper)?? She barely shows any of her daughter of Athena smarts. And theres abolsutely no mention of celestial bronze or the Mist or Riptide or the River Styx or the Helm of Darkness or…im not even going on. And percy… absolute shame on the writers for writing percy. He’s way too serious in the movies and doesn’t show any charm like in the books. I wished he would just die and the movies wouldn’t go on. I mean seriously…KRONOS RISES INTO THE SECOND FUCKIN MOVIE??? And I thought they couldn’t screw up pj worse. In conclusion read the books and learn about the more terrifying mrs. Dodds, the much funnier percy, the much more impressive annabeth, mrs. Oleary, the much more adorable tyson, etc. And you will realize the complete abomination called the Percy Jackson movies.
      P.S. they have a 10 year contract because there are ten books duhhhh

• Francisco

February 6, 2017 at 9:26 pm

If you don’t like the movie, then do not watch it. I you have problems with the first and second movies, then why don’t you create your own movie. That would be good.

8. Lillian

December 14, 2016 at 2:13 am

The Percy Jackson movies were nothing like the books. Like not just some little on and off bits, but practically the whole story line was completely made up by the producers.
    I think that to make it into a TV show would be much better, as they can start from the start with different actors to play our favourite characters. But to do I third movie, would be terrible. In the second movie, they already faced Kronos and Luke, so how can they go into a third movie and prepare for a war that has already been?
    I think it would be smarter, and better to do a TV show. And I’m sure the book fans will love it as the movie fans probably haven’t even read the books.

9. Lisa M Davis

January 1, 2017 at 6:59 am

Please release the 3rd movie of Percy Jackson don’t leave us clifhanging.

• Ariel

January 12, 2017 at 7:13 am

Just read the books. They’re much better, anyway.

10. Amanda Eros

January 8, 2017 at 9:01 am

I saw the first movie before reading the books, and liked it. Though once I read the books, I was blown away by how good they were. Too much time has passed since they did the last movie, so I’m okay that they’re not doing another movie. If they do the tv series, they need to do it right using a twelve year old kid to play the lead. They can film more than one season at a time if they are worried about the actors aging too quickly. I hope they are able to get the author to work on the script since they were too proud/dumb/ect. to ask him to do the films. If you are looking some more Percy Jackson stuff, I recommend listening to the audio books. The voice actor is really funny and does a great job.

11. The Book Reader

January 13, 2017 at 6:17 am

The Percy Jackson movies were disgraceful. The actors and actresses were nothing like the originals. Although Logan Lerman had some traits similar to Percy Jackson, he is not the correct actor to play the part. All of the actors, except maybe Luke, were way over the age they were representing. The scripts and the sense were nothing like the books. The main reason that people enjoy the Percy Jackson series is because of it’s witty dialogue and action packed writing. If you take that away, there is nothing left. Even the writer, Rick Riordan, believes that they are horrible and poor excuses for movies. Even though the books had to be edited to fit into a movie, you don’t have to mix all nine books together to make 1 good movie. The reason people love them is because they take you on an adventure. If the movies were not based on the book, then they would be enjoyable and rather good. However, since it was published under Percy Jackson’s name, you need to take the responsibility of displaying it correctly.

If there is a TV show, it should be created as accurate as possible. Actors and Actresses that have the resemblance of the characters, correct dialogue and story plot and the author’s direct involvement are required for an enjoyable and accurate Percy Jackson movie/TV show. If a TV show is produced, each season should be a book that accurately takes us along in the exciting adventure. It should be written accurately and expertly. Although not everything from the book will be able to be displayed in the show, as much as possible should be in it’s contents.

That’s all for me. Please leave a comment if you have any questions about the series. I know everything about them. Also, comment if you would like to discuss your opinion. I love debates.

• Francisco

February 5, 2017 at 9:15 pm

The movie said that they “based” on Mr. Rick Riordan’s books. I searched for the meaning of the word “based” and saw that the meaning of that word is not literally copy or plagiarize from the source but to improve the original one. I’ve been thinking that what if the story of the “Lightning Thief” is totally the same as written on the book? I read the book version already but if they literally follow the book the it’s like reading the book again and in the end you know what happens so it is better to have some little changes on the movie. As for the characters, Logan Lerman is perfect for the role. The book says that Percy’s eyes are green same with Logan, Percy’s hair were dark same with Logan and Percy were slightly short same with Logan. For Annabeth, Annabeth’s hair were blond and Alexandra can dye her hair with blond as seen on “The Sea of Monsters”. Annabeth’s eyes were gray and Alexandra’s eyes were light blue but it appears to be gray in a distance. Annabeth is taller than Percy, CHECK!!!… As for the age, the great prophecy from the movie “The Sea of Monsters” said that the hero must reach 20 against all odds so Percy’s age on the book is 13 on “The Sea of Monsters” and “The Titans Curse” but the movie “The Sea of Monsters” said that the hero must reach 20 and for the book, the hero must reach 16 and the age of Percy on the book “The Sea of Monsters” is 13 so 16 subtract 13 = 3 and 20 subract 3 = 17 so the age of Percy Jackson on the movie “The Sea of Monsters” is 17 and Logan Lerman looks like 17 years old in real life same with Alexandra, she looks like 17 also. The point is the movies of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series are good or you can say excellent because they did not totally copy all the details from the book. I would love to if they will literally copy all the details from the book but the question is “Will you watch the movie if you already knew the ending? ” and my answer is NO because there is no thrill if I already knew the story so DON’T CHANGE ANY CAST FRON THE MOVIE SPECIALLY LOGAN AND ALEXANDRA… TY…

12. top 5 men's sunglasses brands

January 31, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Hi there, You’ve done an incredible job. I’ll certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
    I am sure they’ll be benefited from this website.

13. PERCY FAN

February 1, 2017 at 5:26 am

THEY BETTER MAKE A MOVIE OR ILL RIP MY HEAD OFF!! THE MOVIES AND BOOKS ARE GOOD! AND MAKE A BOOK 6 7 6 7 8 WILL YAH?

14. Francisco

February 5, 2017 at 9:10 pm

15. Francisco

February 6, 2017 at 9:32 pm

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE MOVIES, WHY DON’T YOU CREATE YOUR OWN MOVIE AND LET’S SEE HOW TOUGH YOU ARE. FOR OUR GENERAL INFORMATION, CREATING A MOVIE IS HARD SO DON’T BASH THE ACTORS BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST DOING THEIR JOBS. NAINTINDIHAN?? NAAWATAN YU?

16. alyssa

February 15, 2017 at 10:00 pm

what are you people thinking!!?? the movies are terrible!! i think they should make a tv series this way it is easier to become a close copy to the books because of time. the people that like the movies, shame on you they do great injustice to the books. I literally cried when I saw the movies! why Rick why did you let them release such a terinlething?!

17. Colleen

February 26, 2017 at 3:40 am

I would love to see more of Percy Jackson’s movies… either in theater or t.v. either way… please continue making more.. ty

18. Frank

May 12, 2017 at 6:50 am

Why does everyone think Logan Lerman was a good Percy? The guy was not at all witty or charming he was more like an emo. And hate to break it to y’all but Rick Riordan author of the books has stated the TV show is not happening. Sorry guys I really wanted this to 🙁 also for you movie fans who want to see what happened with Thalia read the books, like I did (I am a movie fan who read the books and then started hating the movies). Now I understand that you movie fans liked them and I wanted a third movie to, until I read the books. And I do not think a third movie will happen its been four years, just let it. If you want more Percy just read the books. Besides, Percy had so much make up in the Sea of Monsters I couldn’t tell if he was Greek or Egyptian.

19. Galaxy S9

June 9, 2017 at 2:11 pm

Samsung Galaxy S9: What’s the story so far?